You are here: Home page > Company > History 

History and tradition are the foundation of our future

1923
Company founder, Georg Jahn, became a self-employed economic adviser

1935
Takeover of the Weigang Brothers Printing Company in Bautzen

1936
Foundation of the WEIGANG Organisation GmbH as a publishing house in Dresden

1937
Equity holding in the Grünhainichen paper factory

1945
Total destruction in Dresden, start-up in Ebern near Bamberg in the Eyrichshof castle

1953
Start of planning equipment production

1957
New building for in-house paper processing

1961
New building for equipment production

1964

Takeover of the management in Wurzburg by engineer, Just Jahn

1968
Takeover of the PRIMORIS Organisation GmbH company

1971

Expansion of the entire production and warehouse facilities

1978
Foundation of the WEIGANG MCS Microcomputersysteme GmbH company in Stuttgart, with managing director, Erich Korte

1979
Foundation of WEIGANG-Industriedienst GmbH management consultancy with Gero Panskus (WID)

1982
Takeover of the organisational product division from Esselte-EKAHA by the PRIMORIS Organisation

1984
Takeover of customers and production facilities of the Schlitz punch card factory from Haensel GmbH & Co.KG in Schlitz

1990
Foundation of WEIGANG Marketing Partner GmbH with managing director, Manfred Mensch

1991
Sale of WEIGANG MCS to Kewill Systems PLC, UK

1992
Foundation of WEIGANG Expert GmbH with managing director Helmut Fröhling (previously WID)

1993
Purchase of the DEFINITIV Organisation GmbH company in Neu-Isenburg; sale of WID shares to Dr Gerhard Sauerbrey

1998
New warehouse building; 75 years of WEIGANG

1999

Erection of a lightweight manufacturing hall

2000
Change to a small public limited company

2006
Georg Jahn and Elmar J. Merget take over the AG directorate from Just Jahn, thereby continuing the family tradition

2007

The WEIGANG AG head office is moved to Ebern